Here are the contents of today's post:
- 1 Wondering where the best photo spots in Amsterdam are?
- 1.1 1. The Gingerbread Houses on Damrak
- 1.2 2. View on the Rijksmuseum from the Museum Square
- 1.3 3. Enjoy the beautiful rooftop views and plant walkway at Zoku
- 1.4 4. The Quintessential Canal View on Prinsengracht at the Nine Streets Area
- 1.5 5. Instagrammable Amsterdam Wisteria Facades In Springtime
- 1.6 6. Stunning City Views from Sky Lounge DoubleTree Hilton
- 1.7 7. Canal Views From a Boat Perspective
- 1.8 8. Wake Me Up When I’m Famous Sign
- 1.9 9. The Only Instagrammable Amsterdam Windmill at Brewery ‘t Ij
- 1.10 10. The View on the Flower Market & Munttoren
- 1.11 11. The Lights of Magere Brug and the Carre Theater
- 1.12 12. The Beautiful Ivy Facade on Kloveniersburgwal
- 1.13 13. View on the Zuiderkerk from Groenburgwal
- 1.14 15. The Most Instagrammable Amsterdam Hotel Eureka
- 1.15 16. The Rijksmuseum Library
- 1.16 17. Flamingos and Coffees at Cafe Plantage Terrace by Artis Royal Zoo
Wondering where the best photo spots in Amsterdam are?
In this guide, I’m walking you through the best sights that are guaranteed to leave a lasting impression! Here are 16 places in Amsterdam that will satisfy your shutterbug craze:
1. The Gingerbread Houses on Damrak
It’s funny how easy it is to take a picture of the most iconic view of Amsterdam. For the one Instagrammable Amsterdam photo that will make all your friends drool and add this city to their bucket list, head out of the Central Station to the boat parking on the Damrak. You will find these iconic gingerbread houses. And believe me, when I say, this view never gets old!
2. View on the Rijksmuseum from the Museum Square
Head to the Museumplein in front of the Rijksmuseum to take in the views from the best perspective. The letters have been moved to make the area less busy but the perspective is still oh so very beautiful. Check out this spot during winter in Amsterdam as it has a Christmas market and a fantastic ice skating rink.
3. Enjoy the beautiful rooftop views and plant walkway at Zoku
Zoku is the perfect place to go for a combination of rooftop views and awesome design. This spot is well loved for its floral corridor – making it a really Instagrammable spot.
4. The Quintessential Canal View on Prinsengracht at the Nine Streets Area
One of the most beautiful perspectives of the Dutch bridges and canals is easily discovered in the Negen Straatjes (Nine Streets) area, on the corner of Papiersmolenluis and Lekkeresluis. The view is magnificent whenever you decide to come: whether it’s during sunset or during the day. Sit on one of the benches, relax, take it all in, and, of course, Instagram it.
5. Instagrammable Amsterdam Wisteria Facades In Springtime
Don’t be shy to just walk around in springtime and take in the beautiful wisteria covered houses. For a fun wisteria picture, you can head to the houses around Sarphatipark or take this route.
6. Stunning City Views from Sky Lounge DoubleTree Hilton
For the most beautiful views over Amsterdam, it’s time to head over to the SkyLounge at Double Tree Hilton. While it can be a bit pricey, you get the view of a lifetime for the price of a coffee cup. The SkyLounge is really close to the Central Station too – really easy to find!
7. Canal Views From a Boat Perspective
The best way to discover the city, especially during summer, is by taking a boat tour. I recommend choosing one of the smaller boats without glass so that you can experience the lovely weather and enjoy the boat ride unhindered by ceilings. If you’re looking for unusual ways to experience Amsterdam, try an informal boat tour with Plastic Whale.
8. Wake Me Up When I’m Famous Sign
One of the well known artsy spots to go for a fun photo is the ‘Wake me up when I’m Famous’ wall art on Frans Hallstraat 64. It’s time to nap on a bench while your friend snaps a picture of you. Rinse and repeat till you’re famous.
9. The Only Instagrammable Amsterdam Windmill at Brewery ‘t Ij
Pssst… Did you know that Brewery Het Ij also runs excursions and tastings? Find out the details in my 3 Day Amsterdam Itinerary!
10. The View on the Flower Market & Munttoren
The floating flower market can be really crowded during the day but there is nothing like showing up early in the morning to snap a picture of the Munttoren by the beautiful Amstel river. To get a view from above try to see if you can get into one of the buildings by the flower market – they have nice terraces overlooking the canal.
11. The Lights of Magere Brug and the Carre Theater
Have a great night!? . . . . . . #amsterdamcanals #bridges #bridge #amsterdam#amsterdamcity #amsterdamlife#amsterdamworld #amsterdamvibe#amsterdamcentraal #VisitAmsterdam#dutch_connextion #amsterdamnoord#igersamsterdam #topamsterdamphoto#bestofamsterdam #iloveamsterdam#loves_amsterdam #igersholland#vscoamsterdam #amsterdamshots#mokummagazine#mokum#amsterdamgram #super_holland#wonderful_holland #iamsterdam#yumsterdam #gramthedam#amsterdamview
Magere Brug or the ‘Thin Bridge’ is the most beautiful vantage point over the Amstel. But the best views can be found during sunset and evening hours when the bridge lights up its bulbs. The best perspective can be found from the Blauwbrug, but also take in the view of the Carre theater as the sky darkens, it’s beautiful.
12. The Beautiful Ivy Facade on Kloveniersburgwal
This is the color of autumn ? ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ I’ve been waiting for this corner to turn red and now that it’s happening I’m so happy! Also caught the guys in the bottom corner doing a photoshoot and thought it was absolutely lovely ❤ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ If you didn’t know guys, I’m also doing photography so if you’re ever in Amsterdam hit me up for a photoshoot – you can see my pictures at www.joukova.com ?
This gorgeous Instagrammable Amsterdam spot is at its best during autumn but don’t let it deter you – there are beautiful houses all around between the Nieuwmarkt and Waterloo metro stations.
13. View on the Zuiderkerk from Groenburgwal
This beautiful perspective over the Zuiderkerk is a lovely place for a photo! You don’t see it in the photo but people also really like to put locks on that bridge to demonstrate their love. Right next to Waterlooplein, it’s a really cute spot at a cozy cafe-filled street.
14. The Secret Begijnhof Garden
Begijnhof is that one secluded spot in Amsterdam that is really easy to overlook. It used to be a secluded residence for the Beguinage – a community of women devoted to God. To find the entrance go to the Spui square and find a small arch right next to the ABC bookstore leading you into the courtyard.
Want to know more? Check out my detailed 3-Day Amsterdam Itinerary.
15. The Most Instagrammable Amsterdam Hotel Eureka
I can’t count the number of times I’ve seen this beautiful flower-covered facade on Instagram. The Eureka hotel can be found at Halvemaansbrug. Would love to stay there in the most Instagrammable Amsterdam hotel? Check it out HERE. The location is great but to be honest, it’s all about the facade.
16. The Rijksmuseum Library
The beautiful library of the Rijksmuseum is a sight to behold. A spiral staircase, rows upon rows of books and high ceilings. This little corner of the Rijksmuseum is an absolute can’t miss.
17. Flamingos and Coffees at Cafe Plantage Terrace by Artis Royal Zoo
I recommend to everyone who likes zoos to check out the Artis Royal Zoo. But if you’re just looking for a cool view and a terrace, check out the Cafe Plantage right next to the Zoo entrance. So close in fact, that the terrace overlooks the flamingo-filled lake of the zoo. Also, it comes with the best outdoor lighting garland. Instagrammable AF!
Those were the most Instagrammable Amsterdam spots in the city! What is your favorite spot in Amsterdam? Let me know in the comments!
Like this post? Pin it!
5 thoughts on “16 Instagrammable Amsterdam Spots To Fuel Your Travel Photo Addiction”
Pingback: The 10 Best Cities for Art Deco in the World – Nomad Epicureans
Pingback: 3 Day Amsterdam Itinerary For First Time Visitors - Dutch Wannabe
Pingback: 11 Best Views in Amsterdam That Will Completely Charm You
Thank you for sharing these! They were so helpful for when I went to Amsterdam recently 😀 xx
Stunning Photo Work !!
We found a few of those places on our own but can’t wait to go back when the Big World opens up again
Thanks so very much for sharing