Here are the contents of today's post:
- 1 Wondering where the most Instagrammable Amsterdam photo spots are?
- 1.1 1. The Gingerbread Houses on Damrak
- 1.2 2. iAmsterdam Sign on Museum Square in front of the Rijksmusem
- 1.3 3. Enjoy the beautiful rooftop views and plant walkway at Zoku
- 1.4 4. The Quintessential Canal View on Prinsengracht at the Nine Streets Area
- 1.5 5. Instagrammable Amsterdam Wisteria Facades In Springtime
- 1.6 6. Stunning City Views from Sky Lounge DoubleTree Hilton
- 1.7 7. Canal Views From a Boat Perspective
- 1.8 8. The Only Instagrammable Amsterdam Windmill at Brewery ‘t Ij
- 1.9 9. Wake Me Up When I’m Famous Sign
- 1.10 10. The View on the Flower Market & Munttoren
- 1.11 11. The Lights of Magere Brug and the Carre Theater
- 1.12 12. The Beautiful Ivy Facade on Kloveniersburgwal
- 1.13 13. View on the Zuiderkerk from Groenburgwal
- 1.14 15. The Most Instagrammable Amsterdam Hotel Eureka
- 1.15 16. Flamingos and Coffees at Cafe Plantage Terrace by Artis Royal Zoo
Wondering where the most Instagrammable Amsterdam photo spots are?
In this guide I’m walking you though the best sights that are guaranteed to leave a lasting impression! Here are 16 places in Amsterdam that will satisfy your shutterbug craze:
1. The Gingerbread Houses on Damrak
It’s funny how easy it is to take a picture the most iconic view of Amsterdam. For the one Instagrammable Amsterdam photo that will make all your friends drool and add this city to their bucket list, head out of the Central Station to the boat parking on the Damrak. You will find these iconic gingerbread houses. And believe me when I say, this view never gets old!
2. iAmsterdam Sign on Museum Square in front of the Rijksmusem
Is there anything more iconic than the iAmsterdam sign? Head to the Museumplein in front of the Rijksmusem to take in the views from the best perspective.
3. Enjoy the beautiful rooftop views and plant walkway at Zoku
Magical sunset hour at Zoku in Amsterdam?What a haphazard Monday! Because it’s still kinda Easter it doesn’t feel as if the week actually started… and yet, I know there is so much I have to do that procrastination feels wrong ? How do you stay productive all week long?! Let me in on your trade secrets! •⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ •⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ •⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ #amsterdamgram #amsterdamcity #topamsterdamphoto #topeuropephoto #igamsterdam #igersamsterdam #ig_netherlands #visitamsterdam #соlourdау #mybeаutydаy #travelista #theglobewanderer #globetrotter #travelgirls #travelblogger #living_europe #living_destinations #bestcitybreaks #peoplescreative #lifeofadventures #living_europe #visitholland #postcardplaces #ig_worldshots #map_of_europe #iamatraveller #thisisamsterdam #acolorstory #shopfront #cafestagram
4. The Quintessential Canal View on Prinsengracht at the Nine Streets Area
One of the most beautiful perspectives of the Dutch bridges and canals is easily discovered in the Negen Straatjes (Nine Streets) area, on the corner of Papiersmolenluis and Lekkeresluis. The view is magnificent whenever you decide to come: whether it’s during sunset or during the day. Sit on one of the benches, relax, take it all in, and, of course, Instagram it.
5. Instagrammable Amsterdam Wisteria Facades In Springtime
Don’t be shy to just walk around in springtime and take in the beautiful wisteria covered houses. For a fun wisteria picture, you can head to the houses around Sarphatipark or take this route.
6. Stunning City Views from Sky Lounge DoubleTree Hilton
For the most beautiful views over Amsterdam it’s time to head over to the SkyLounge at Double Tree Hilton. While it can be a bit pricey, you get the view of a lifetime for the price of a coffee cup. The SkyLounge is really close to the Central Station too – really easy to find!
7. Canal Views From a Boat Perspective
The best way to discover the city, especially during summer, is by taking a boat tour. I recommend choosing one of the smaller boats without glass so that you can experience the lovely weather and enjoy the boat ride unhindered by ceilings.
8. The Only Instagrammable Amsterdam Windmill at Brewery ‘t Ij
Pssst… Did you know that Brewery Het Ij also runs excursions and tastings? Find out the details in my 3 Day Amsterdam Itinerary!
9. Wake Me Up When I’m Famous Sign
One of the well known artsy spots to go for a fun photo is the ‘Wake me up when I’m Famous’ wall print on Frans Hallstraat 64. It’s time to nap on a bench while your friend snaps a picture of you. Rinse and repeat till you’re famous.
10. The View on the Flower Market & Munttoren
The floating flower market can be really crowded during the day but there is nothing like showing up early in the morning to snap a picture of the Munttoren by the beautiful Amstel river. To get a view from above try to see if you can get into one of the buildings by the flower market – they have nice terraces overlooking the canal.
11. The Lights of Magere Brug and the Carre Theater
Have a great night!? . . . . . . #amsterdamcanals #bridges #bridge #amsterdam#amsterdamcity #amsterdamlife#amsterdamworld #amsterdamvibe#amsterdamcentraal #VisitAmsterdam#dutch_connextion #amsterdamnoord#igersamsterdam #topamsterdamphoto#bestofamsterdam #iloveamsterdam#loves_amsterdam #igersholland#vscoamsterdam #amsterdamshots#mokummagazine#mokum#amsterdamgram #super_holland#wonderful_holland #iamsterdam#yumsterdam #gramthedam#amsterdamview
Magere Brug or the ‘Thin Bridge’ is the most beautiful vantage point over the Amstel. But the best views can be found during sunset and evening hours when the bridge lights up its bulbs. The best perspective can be found from the Blauwbrug, but also take in the view of the Carre theater as the sky darkens, it’s beautiful.
12. The Beautiful Ivy Facade on Kloveniersburgwal
This is the color of autumn ? ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ I’ve been waiting for this corner to turn red and now that it’s happening I’m so happy! Also caught the guys in the bottom corner doing a photoshoot and thought it was absolutely lovely ❤ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ If you didn’t know guys, I’m also doing photography so if you’re ever in Amsterdam hit me up for a photoshoot – you can see my pictures at www.joukova.com ?
This gorgeous Instagrammable Amsterdam spot is at its best during autumn but don’t let it deter you – there are beautiful houses all around between the Nieuwmarkt and Waterloo metro stations.
13. View on the Zuiderkerk from Groenburgwal
This beautiful perspective over the Zuiderkerk is a lovely place for a photo! You don’t see it in the photo but people also really like to put locks on that bridge to demonstrate their love. Right next to Waterlooplein, it’s a really cute spot at a cozy cafe-filled street.
14. The Secret Begijnhof Garden
Here you see Het Begijnhof, a courtyard where lived women who wanted to focus on their religious life without joining a convent ?? ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ Even though they had led their lives in seclusion they could return to the society anytime and also get married if they wanted to and then leave ? ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ How fascinating is that? Reminds me of a detox or a retreat even though it’s hard to compare – a detox is temporary and this was a way of life! ? ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ On my blog (link in bio) there’s a 3 day guide to Amsterdam with many more cool spots for you to enjoy!
Begijnhof is that one secluded spot in Amsterdam that is really easy to overlook. It used to be a secluded residence for the Beguinage – a community of women devoted to God. To find the entrance go to the Spui square and find a small arch right next to the ABC bookstore leading you into the courtyard.
15. The Most Instagrammable Amsterdam Hotel Eureka
I can’t count the number of times I’ve seen this beautiful flower-covered facade on Instagram. The Eureka hotel can be found at Halvemaansbrug. Would love to stay there in the most Instagrammable Amsterdam hotel? Check it out HERE. The location is great but to be honest, it’s all about the facade.
16. Flamingos and Coffees at Cafe Plantage Terrace by Artis Royal Zoo
I recommend to everyone who likes zoos to check out the Artis Royal Zoo. But if you’re just looking for a cool view and a terrace, check out the Cafe Plantage right next to the Zoo entrance. So close in fact, that the terrace overlooks the flamingo-filled lake of the zoo. Also, it comes with the best outdoor lighting garland. Instagrammable AF!
Those were the most Instagrammable Amsterdam spots in the city! What is your favorite spot in Amsterdam? Let me know in the comments!
Like this post? Pin it!